Saturday 19 March 2016

Foundation Dupe L'oreal Infallible 24hr-Matte Vs Estee Lauder Double Wear

I am a massive Double wear fan and have been using it for just over a year now, I wear the lightest colour Shell and it really sinks into my skin well and masks a lot of my uneven skin tone and blemishes. The wear of the foundation is fantastic, with a few spritzes of a setting spray it will last me all day (even if I go out clubbing etc). I sometimes find that it can oxidise on my skin and become a bit pinky but apart from a few niggles it is pretty perfect. It is however £30 and has no pump which makes it a bit tricky to use!

Then I discovered the L'oreal Infallible 24hr-Matte foundation as I was testing out different products in superdrug. I bought the shade Porcelain and the colour is perfect, it also does not seem to oxidise and stays true to the original colour. The texture is sort of light and feels moussey when you buff it in. The coverage is really good and like the double wear it covers a lot of sins. The staying power however is not as good as the double wear even when worn with setting spray but as long as you can make a couple of touch ups during the day you should be fine! The price of the L'oreal foundation is £7.99 so any small faults in its lasting power I can forgive!

I can honestly say there is not that much difference between the two foundations, overall I do prefer to use the Estee Lauder product is feels nicer on the skin and its lasting power is amazing, however at the price of £7.99 the L'oreal foundation is a killer alternative. What I have taken to doing is mixing a little bit of both the products to make the ultimate foundation! This way I am making the expensive foundation last longer and the cheaper foundation stay on my skin longer, so win win!


Top L'oreal, bottom Estee Lauder

No comments:

Post a Comment